Specification Document Manager and Lead Technical Editor
To apply for this role please provide a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Summary of Position
MIPI Alliance seeks an experienced technical specification editor and document manager with expertise in developing and maintaining document templates in Adobe FrameMaker and MS Word. The Technical Editor and Specification Document Manager will be the primary individual responsible for ensuring MIPI Alliance Specifications (and other supporting documents) are consistent in format, form, and style. The individual will serve as Lead Editor to provide guidance to Work Group Technical Contributors and Editors, and coordinating MIPI editorial resources. The role will also serve to manage the MIPI Specification Approval Process in coordination with the Work Group Chairs, Program Managers and the Managing Director to ensure approval processes are streamlined and editorial resources are engaged and aligned with the development process.
Specific Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
Specification Document Manager (30%)
· Serve as primary project manager to coordinate the specification approval and adoption process across the Alliance.
· Develop, maintain, and evolve MIPI Alliance’s document and specification templates in FrameMaker and MS Word.
· Work with WG Program Manager on deliverables and coordination of the specification approval process and timeline with WG Chairs.
· Ensure the consistency of documents and specifications across MIPI Alliance including supporting documents, white papers, and other communications vehicles to manage the MIPI Alliance brand.
· Develop and maintain consistent document templates
· Maintenance of MIPI Alliance repository and archiving of specifications and documents.
· Ability to handle and understand tool version compatibility, limitations, and rules for MS Word and FrameMaker.
Lead Technical Editor (70%)
· Serve as Lead Technical Editor for MIPI Alliance Specifications in close coordination with Work Group Chairs, WG Editors and Program Managers.
· Coordination of additional editorial resources on an as needed basis.
· Work to enable WG Editors to serve in the role without the need to always rely on MIPI editorial resources to develop and publish the documents. Training, templates, best practices communications, etc. should be utilized to accomplish this.
· Editing of figures/diagrams in Visio.
· Ensure MIPI Alliance’s specifications are consistent in language and definitions across the range of the Alliance’s specifications and documents.
· Provide guidance and MIPI editorial review milestones to WGs during the development process as needed.
· Ensure MIPI’s editing and comment tracking tools are fit for purpose, utilized, and improved over time.
· Coordination of specification change requests as needed or for specifications serving as Editor.
· Assure that any Intellectual Property from outside of MIPI (e.g., figures from documents / vendors outside of MIPI) is identified to MIPI Program Management and all permissions from outside sources are acquired prior to publishing.
· Assure that standard editing practices, content, and format (as typically done by Standards bodies) are utilized both by the Working Group submitting the documents and the Lead Editor.
Experience and Required Skills
· 7-10 years experience in technical document editing, management, standards development experience desired.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical, scientific, or related field, English/Technical Writing, or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
· Experience in the editing and development of technical documentation.
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline.
· Must have the ability to define priorities and respond accordingly in a changing environment with often competing priorities.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to effectively work within a virtual global organization with a distributed team and membership.
· Proficiency in Adobe FrameMaker and Acrobat and MS Office, including Word and Excel.
· Knowledge of Bugzilla or other document commenting software package is a plus.
· Both domestic and international travel is required for attendance at F2F Member Meetings (3x’s per year plus interim meetings as needed).
About MIPI® Alliance, Inc.
MIPI® Alliance (MIPI) develops interface specifications for mobile and mobile-influenced industries. Founded in 2003, the organization has more than 260 member companies worldwide, 12 active working groups and has delivered more than 45 specifications within the mobile ecosystem in the last decade. Members of the organization include handset manufacturers, device OEMs, software providers, semiconductor companies, application processor developers, IP tool providers, test and test equipment companies, as well as camera, tablet and laptop manufacturers. For more information, please visit www.mipi.org.
MIPI® is a registered mark of MIPI Alliance, Inc. If you are interested in submitting your interest to work with MIPI Alliance please provide a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org