Join the MIPI Team
Founded in 2003, MIPI Alliance is a collaborative global organization serving over 350 tech companies to develop mobile and mobile-influenced devices. The focus of the organization is to design and promote hardware and software interfaces that simplify the integration of components built into a device, from the antenna and modem to peripherals and the application processor.
Today, the impact of MIPI Alliance on the mobile industry is well-established: All major chip vendors use MIPI Alliance specifications and all smartphones use at least one MIPI Alliance specification. And because of their design characteristics, MIPI specifications have been leveraged in billions of devices worldwide in a broad array of platforms, including automotive, drones, wearables, industrial, laptops and tablets, medical devices, avionics systems and more.
By joining our positive, collaborative and global team, you will play a pivotal role in MIPI Alliance’s bright future as we address increasing technology convergence in automotive, imaging and vision, software and IoT to enable the growth of mobile and mobile-influenced markets.
Technical Content Manager – MIPI Alliance
Location: Virtual / Remote Position
Status: Independent Contractor
The Technical Content Manager will take a lead role in planning and developing the organization’s technical content to support MIPI Alliance’s marketing strategies and activities. This hands-on, highly collaborative role will be responsible for working with the Marketing Steering Group (led by representatives from member companies), technical engineers and specification developers, and the MIPI team (also MIPI Alliance contractors) to review, develop and coordinate technical content (white papers, blog posts, industry articles, press releases, webinar content, conference presentations, etc.) under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Membership and Managing Director, and in accordance with the organization's strategic priorities and the annual marketing plan and budget.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the activities listed below. A more specific set of deliverables will be defined for the term of the agreement.
- Develop or oversee creation of new technical content, including but not limited to, technical diagrams, blog posts, contributed articles, web content, specification briefs, whitepapers, etc. This may involve managing contract writers, assisting technical experts, or writing articles and materials for distribution. Items may be ghostwritten on behalf of MIPI representatives.
- Work with technical experts and graphic designers to develop or revise diagrams and other technical illustrations.
- Serve as lead team reviewer for technical content, including industry articles, website content, webinars, press releases, presentations and materials from member companies. As needed, facilitate the content review process and work with technical experts and writers to incorporate necessary revisions and ensure accuracy.
- For key MIPI specifications, work with specification leads and the marketing team to create specification positioning documentation that identifies and articulates key benefits and use cases that resonate with developers and target audiences.
- Identify and collaborate with working groups and other technical experts to plan and develop content for MIPI internal and external education offerings, such as webinars, DevCon presentations, industry conferences, workshops, etc. Emphasis will be on identifying presenters and topics to deliver education programs to MIPI developers in key regions around the world, assisting in the preparation of presentation materials, and moderating events as needed.
- Participate in MIPI Alliance marketing-related groups (Marketing Steering Group and IoT Interest Group) and working group activities (as needed), creating deliverables as required to further group activities. For the Marketing Steering Group, conduct initial reviews of submitted Specification Requirements Proposals to identify the market benefits of proposed specifications, and foster MSG dialogue with specification leads as needed to appropriately position and articulate the role of MIPI specifications to the marketplace. For the IoT Interest Group, take an active role in evaluating market adoption and position of MIPI specifications in IoT.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans and activities to promote and support specification releases and other significant milestones or deliverables. Develop or oversee relevant content (webinars, events, briefs, blog articles, etc.) as identified in the marketing plans.
- As needed, conduct market research and surveys, and/or leverage research analysts to address current issues, topics and trends within MIPI Alliance areas of interest.
- Possible: Represent MIPI Alliance at industry events including trade shows, conferences and speaking opportunities.
- Other activities as mutually agreed by MIPI and Contractor.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in electrical engineering or related field.
- 5+ years' demonstrated experience managing and producing technical content and/or experience in product marketing or technical marketing roles. Experience working with standards development organizations and/or in the mobile industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and articulate key messages in a wide range of media formats.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and managing projects with external resources including graphic designers, writers, web developers, public relations firms, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills, and ability to work collaboratively and professionally with technical experts, MIPI team members, consultants, and industry representatives from globally diverse companies.
- Interest in and ability to keep abreast of industry activities related to standards and technology development, alliances, special interest groups, and consortia.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple work items under deadlines.
- With a global membership, must be willing to demonstrate flexibility in scheduling / participating in virtual meetings and other Alliance activities.
- Ability to operate comfortably in an electronic environment and have proficiency with virtual collaboration tools, MS Office applications and web-based communication tools.
- Domestic and international travel required 3-5 times per year, typically for a week at a time.
- Must be comfortable and able to work out of a home or self-procured office, in an environment that enables facilitation of conference calls with a minimal level of distraction.
Approximately 30 hours/week
To apply for this role, please provide a copy of your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com