Save your spot now »
26 May 2021
8-9 a.m. PDT
Use of video compression will be essential to address the proliferation of high-performance displays in next-generation mobile, AR/VR and automotive use cases. This webinar will provide a guide to the two video compression standards, VESA VDC-M and VESA DSC, that are adopted into the MIPI DSI-2℠ specification.
Aimed at engineers who are familiar with the DSI-2 interface, the webinar will cover:
- The video bandwidth challenge for high-performance displays
- Why and when to use video compression
- Overview of the VESA DSC and VDC-M compression standards
- Mobile, AR/VR and other mobile-influenced market considerations
- Automotive market considerations - functional safety, cable harness weight, etc.
- Comparison of DSC and VDC-M functionality and power, performance, and area (PPA) usage using a display driver integrated circuit (DDIC) example
- DSC and VDC-M use case examples
The presentation will be followed by a live question-and-answer session.