Member Meeting #64
16-20 October 2023
Sleeping Room Reservations
MIPI Alliance and the Swissotel Nankai Osaka Hotel have a negotiated a room block rate of 29,300 net JPY single and 34,500 net JPY double per night. Buffet breakfast and basic Wi-Fi are included. These rates include a 13% service charge and a 10% consumption and accommodation tax.
Quoted sleeping room rates will be offered based on availability, three calendar days before and after the event dates of 16-20 October 2023. The sleeping room reservation deadline date was extended to 28 September 2023. If you are facing any issues with your reservation and booking process, please contact Dervla O'Reilly.
Please note that the sleeping room booking form requires a 2-step process:
Form 1 - reserve your room
Form 2 - within 72 hours you will receive a unique link to the payment form where you must provide your credit card and pay in full for your reservation
Cancellation & Child Policy
For any cancellation between 20 days to 48 hours prior to scheduled arrival date, a two-night room charge will be applied as penalty. Full-stay room charges will be applied as penalty if the cancellation notice is received within 48 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date or in case of no-show.
If a guest changes their reservation 21 days before their arrival date, the hotel will modify the reservation accordingly without any penalty charge. This applies for both reduction or extension of booking.
If a guest reduces their reservation, Swissotel will refund the balance and the guest will only be charged with the actual stay dates. Swissotel will send an email with the notice of refund.
If a guest extends their reservation, Swissotel will send an additional payment link to pay the additional fee.
Children ages 12 and below can stay for free when sharing an existing bed.
Breakfast: 0-3 years old - complimentary, 4-12 years old - 1,850 JPY per person per day.
Additional bed: A charge of 10,000 JPY per night will be required for an additional bed.
Parking at the Swissotel Nankai Osaka Hotel
The hotel stands right above Nankai Namba Station, serving various modes of transportation such as subways, Kintetsu Line and the Hanshin Namba Line. Entrance to the hotel parking facility is at Namba Parks, and the rate for guests is 3,300 JPY per day.
Hotel address and Phone Number
5 Chome-1-60 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0076, Japan.
Phone: +81 6-6646-1111
Learn more about traveling to and from Japan. As of 29 April 2023, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan,
(1) All travelers and returnees will no longer be required to submit either a certificate of negative result of COVID-19 test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure, or a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate of three doses or equivalent. (2) Currently implemented random sampling tests that are provisional measures for all travelers and returnees arriving from China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) by direct flights, will be replaced with required testing on arrival for those who show symptoms, which is the same measure applied to all other travelers and returnees.
The Swissotel Nankai Osaka hotel does not officially offer sponsor letters and /or letters of support for visa applications. Requests can be made although your sleeping room reservation should suffice.
You can use the MIPI support visa letter template to help support your visa application by populating all relevant data as highlighted in the document. The template is intended to be used only as support for visa applications for MIPI Alliance members.Please refer to these visa & passport service organizations for more detailed information:
- Visa HQ: details of the exact type of visa required
- CIBT: an additional resource for visa information
- Kansai International Airport (KIX) is 44 kilometers south of the Swissotel Nankai Osaka hotel, approximately a 35-minute drive.
- Itami International Airport (ITM) is 21 kilometers north of the Swissotel Nankai Osaka hotel, approximately a 25-minute drive.
Hotel Airport Shuttle
- There is no hotel airport shuttle offered by the Swissotel Nankai Osaka hotel.
- An Airport limousine bus goes direct to and from ITM to Namba.
- Getting to the hotel and various modes of transport.
- Train: There are various modes of transport. The easiest and quickest way from the KIX airport is by train
- either take the Rapi:t β Airport Express (usually leaves at platform #1, estimated hours of operation are 06:50-23:00 weekdays and 07:05-22:55 on weekends, for approx. 1,130 JPY regular seat or 1,320 JPY super seat or
- take the Airport Express (usually leaves at platform #2 for approx. 920 JPY
- these express trains are not covered by the Japan Rail Pass (JR Pass)
- it's recommended to also purchase a Suica / Pasmo / lcoca card which is pre-paid and covers metro / subway, some private regional trainssho.
- Tokyo (Haneda [HND]) in central Tokyo, take the monorail to Shinagawa station and transfer to the Shinkansen (bullet train) for the Shin Osaka subway. The journey is approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes, passes can be purchased via Japan Rail for approx. 13,620 JPY (unreserved seat) or 14,650 JPY. From Shin Osaka station, you can catch the subway / metro (approx. 20 minutes) to the Namba station where the Swissôtel Nankai Osaka hotel is located.
- Taxi: Fares differ depending on the company. Review this taxi guide for more detailed information. Please be aware that taxi fares to and from the Osaka airports, in particular KIX, are extremely expensive. Traveling by rail is recommended.
- Uber is available in Osaka. The estimated fare to the Swissotel Nankai Osaka hotel ranges 18,000-24,000 JPY / $128-170 USD from KIX and 7,000-10,000 JPY / $50-$70 USD from ITM.