Technical Program Manager
MIPI Alliance is a non-profit industry trade association whose mission is to develop technical interface specifications for mobile and mobile-influenced industries. The organization actively promotes and encourages membership and the adoption of these specifications throughout the industry value chain.
Independent Contractor (contracted through IEEE Industry Standards and Technology Organization (IEEE-ISTO)).
The Contractor will serve as Technical Program Manager to work across assigned technical working groups of MIPI Alliance, an IEEE-ISTO program. This individual may also be asked to provide project support to other specific activities or priorities of the organization.
- Work with assigned technical group chair to support and manage key project management tracking documents and systems related to the development of group deliverables and milestones. This may include action/open/consensus item tracking, project scheduling, change request management, and agenda planning support.
- Work with assigned group chair and participants to support and monitor a technical development path. Ensure progress toward each goal/deliverable is maintained to facilitate rapid development of technical output.
- Serve as secretariat for assigned groups if a member volunteer does not serve in the role. Duties may include calendar and conference call scheduling, meeting minutes, organization of files and proposal submissions, meeting attendance, and voting eligibility tracking.
- Ensure organization rules and bylaws are applied equitably and consistently across all assigned groups; educate and inform group chairs/participants on policy usage and updates.
- Coordinate votes, polls and review periods of assigned technical groups to ensure they are conducted fairly and are consistent with the program’s rules and procedures.
- Maintain sections of the group’s online collaboration tools, web pages and related collateral.
- Assist with special projects in support of program technical activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a technical, engineering or project planning concentration.
- 5+ years’ experience in an association management, standards management, service organization, or related technology consulting firm environment, plus some overall team management/facilitation experience. Mobile industry experience a plus, though not required.
- Strong program management skills with a focus on program management philosophy and tools.
- Ability to operate comfortably in a progressive electronic environment with an emphasis on virtual project collaboration, MS Office applications, web-based tools and communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong time management and organizational skills, self-motivation, and the ability to prioritize multiple work items under deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff (including telecommuters), other departments, consultants, and industry representatives from globally diverse companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical persons in face-to-face, conference call and virtual environments.
- Ability to think freely and independently in a dynamic fast-paced work environment while problem solving and implementing improvements and solutions.
- Ability to keep abreast of industry activities related to standards and technology development, alliances, special interest groups, and consortia.
- Domestic and international travel required 3-6 times per year.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
About MIPI Alliance
MIPI Alliance (MIPI) develops interface specifications for mobile and mobile-influenced industries. Founded in 2003, the organization has more than 285 member companies worldwide, more than 15 active working groups, and has delivered more than 45 specifications within the mobile ecosystem in the last decade. Members of the organization include handset manufacturers, device OEMs, software providers, semiconductor companies, application processor developers, IP tool providers, test and test equipment companies, as well as camera, tablet and laptop manufacturers. For more information, please visit www.mipi.org.