Mobile-influenced industries are those that leverage mobile technologies and the mobile ecosystem to evolve existing products or create new product designs. As mobile-influenced industries like Automotive take advantage of these opportunities, many are adopting MIPI Alliance interfaces to benefit from the special performance characteristics and integration conveniences that MIPI specifications provide.
Automotive—Applications for safety, infotainment, advanced driver assistance and autonomous cars
Automobiles have become a new platform for innovation and manufacturers are using MIPI specifications to develop applications for safety, infotainment and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). Components interconnected for these features include high-performance cameras and imaging sensors; infotainment and dashboard displays; telematics hubs; audio systems; data storage; and network connectivity chipsets providing access to LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS.
Car manufacturers are adopting MIPI specifications because the solutions are mature, relatively simple to use, and help reduce the number of wires needed to connect components. MIPI specifications are also well-proven, which reduces risk. Fundamentally, automotive designs also benefit from the low-power, high-bandwidth and low EMI capabilities MIPI specifications provide.
Automotive platforms are heavily reliant on sensors and MIPI specifications will play a key role enabling sensor-based applications for parking assistance, day- and night-time imaging applications, in-car gesture controls, pedestrian detection, road signage interpretation, rear-view and side-view mirrors as well as self-driving and autonomous cars.
- How MIPI is aiming to change the future of the connected car
- MIPI Alliance Developing MIPI Touch for Mobile Devices, Tablets and Automotive Applications
- Integration IP Helps IP Integration - The MIPI Alliance has been the plumber for the mobile industry...
- I3C Will Support MIPI Pervasion Beyond Mobile: IoT, Wearable, Automotive
- MIPI DevCon 2016 – Mobile and Beyond
- Interconnecting Multi-Camera Systems in Mobile and Mobile-Influenced Designs